Just moments from your doorstep is one of the few remaining free-flowing rivers in the country, The Kings River. Just fifteen minutes away, Eureka Springs offers abundant art, shopping and cultural experiences. Or just relax on your private deck and take in the sights and sounds of nature. Whatever your style, we hope you will come enjoy all the Kings River has to offer!
Kings River Floating and Fishing
The nearby Kings River Outfitters provides opportunities to float and fish for those wanting to explore the river. This family friendly river flows casually past massive rock bluffs, shady tree-lined banks, crystal clear pools, and sloping gravel bars. You will discover wonderful spots for Arkansas Canoe Trips, swimming, picnicking, fishing, camping, and observing wildlife.
Kings River Area Mountain Biking Trails
If you are looking for a way to explore by land, you are in luck! With the perfect terrain for all levels of mountain bikers, a variety of trails are just minutes away. Check out what Lake Leatherwood and Pension Mountain have to offer.
Lake leatherwood in Eureka Springs
Berryville’s Pension Mountain
Kings River Area Hiking Trails
Hikers also need only to look down the road for some great spots to explore. Visit the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission’s Madison County Wildlife Management Area or the Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission’s Kings River Falls Natural Area to get started.
Madison County WMA
Kings River Falls Natural Area
Thinks to Do in Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Once you’ve explored the outdoors, venture into Eureka Springs for shopping, dining, music and lots more!
Eureka Springs shopping, and dining
Directions to Kings River Deck House
The Kings River Preserve is approximately 3 ½ hours from Little Rock (175 miles). It is located 15 minutes southwest of Berryville and 15 minutes southeast of Eureka Springs.
From Eureka Springs, AR:
• Take Hwy. 62 East through most of Eureka Springs.
• Turn right (south) onto Rockhouse Road (County Road 302). At the Rockhouse Road intersection is the ECHO Thrift Store.
• Follow Rockhouse Road for just over 5 miles.
• Nearing the property, you will drive up a long hill. The Deck House driveway entrance is on the left and is marked by two stone pillars. The house across the street has a blue metal roof. If you get to AR Route 221, you have gone too far.
• Turn left into driveway, pass the small house on the left, and go down the hill to the circle drive at the Deck House.
From Berryville, AR:
• Follow US Route 62 West. Just past AR Route 21 South, begin to look for AR Route 221 South.
• Turn left on AR Route 221 South into a residential neighborhood.
• Following signs for AR Route 221 South, turn left onto W. Carl Ave., then another left onto AR Route 221 South/Huntsville St. Drive 0.5 miles, then turn left to stay on AR Route 221.
• Follow AR Route 221 South for approximately 8.0 miles to the Kings River. Proceed past Kings River Outfitters on the right, just past the river bridge crossing.
• Continue past Kings River Outfitters for 0.9 miles. At the top of the hill, turn right onto Rockhouse Road (County Road 302). Continue north on Rockhouse Road (County Road 302) for 1 mile to a driveway on the right, marked by two concrete posts. The house across the street has a blue metal roof.
• Turn right into the driveway, pass the small house on the left, and go down the hill to the circle drive at the Deck House.